The School of Public Policy (SPP) at the University of Connecticut (UConn) is looking for a full-time Outreach Coordinator (Publicity/Marketing Coordinator) to coordinate recruitment efforts and marketing initiatives for the School’s robust portfolio of academic and engagement programs. The Outreach Coordinator proactively identifies prospective students and works with them throughout all stages of the admissions process from inquiry to application submission. This position is responsible for communicating with prospective students daily, generating new leads with substantial following up maintaining inquiry information in a CRM system, attending in-person and virtual recruiting events, and hosting information sessions. In addition, the Outreach Coordinator coordinates digital and print marketing and communication campaigns. The position will be based at the Hartford Campus but will require travel to Storrs and other campuses, as well as other locations in-state and in the region. Evening and weekend hours will also be required in support of program activities and events.
The School of Public Policy is home to a NASPAA-accredited Master of Public Administration (MPA), a Master of Public Policy (MPP), an online Graduate Program in Survey Research, an MPA Fellows program (an executive MPA cohort), an undergraduate Fast-Track (4+1) program and Public Policy minor, and four graduate certificates in nonprofit management, public financial management, survey research, and leadership and public management. SPP’s programs are nationally ranked by the U.S. News and World Report as 39th among public affairs programs and 8th among public finance and budgeting programs. This year SPP is celebrating the 50th anniversary of its MPA program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Admissions and Recruitment
- Develops and implements a comprehensive recruitment plan for the School to reach its annual recruitment goals for each of its programs.
- Generates leads, establishes, and maintains relationships with prospective students through calls, emails, meetings, and other initiatives as necessary.
- Enters lead information into CRM system and maintains inquiry database.
- Creates reports regarding prospective student data to develop strategic recruitment strategies and identify and document student tracking methods to determine yield rates from various outreach activities;
- Initiates and maintains regular communication with prospective students to provide a high level of customer service, as the first point of contact, and counsels prospective students throughout the application process.
- Plans, recruits attendees, and delivers virtual and in-person admission information sessions, and attends on-campus and off-campus events to promote the School’s programs.
- Seeks to recruit students through scheduled visits to internal and external campuses, graduate fairs, and conferences.
Marketing and Communication
- Plans promotional strategies and develops strategic marketing plans for the School to attract and maintain a talented and diverse student body.
- Tracks and interprets digital analytics data and prepares recommendations to enhance recruitment and marketing activities based on data gathered.
- Develops print, digital, and email campaigns, and web content.
- Communicates with internal and external faculty, staff, and administration to foster positive and successful working relationships for the School.
- Maintains and updates the School’s alumni database and connects prospective students with alumni.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs various other duties as needed, related to general admission activities and other School of Public Policy needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two to three years of related experience.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work evening and weekend hours on occasion in support of the School and/or program activities.
- Willingness and ability to travel in-state and occasionally out-of-state in support of the School and/or program activities.
- Experience promoting programs or events.
- Experience with utilizing technology in work responsibilities.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) technology, such as Slate or similar software.
- Experience with digital marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments and work under pressure.
- Proven experience working well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated excellent ability to work effectively with students as well as external agencies/groups and the public.
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
This is a full-time, 12-month position based in Hartford, CT. The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $60,000 commensurate with experience. The University offers outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/employee-benefits-overview/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496819 to upload a resume and cover letter detailing how you meet the qualifications, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on October 4, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.