Lots going on in the DPP networks this week – friendly faces, awards and accolades all around.
- Course registration for Spring Semester 2020 opened on Monday!
- For more information about registration requirements, please read the announcements on the UConn DPP HuskyCT site.
- On Monday, the DPP also hosted a career panel on the Storrs Campus. Check out who was there:
- Ashley Bodamer, MPA 18′ is a Program Manager for Hartford Healthcare
- Yahaira Escribano, MPA 19 is a Partner Program Coordinator for Foodshare
- Philip Hnatowicz, MPP 18′ is a Marketing Associate for Fiduciary Investment Advisors, LLC
- Andrew Bolger, MPP 18′ is a Data and Research Analyst for Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
- Jameson Foulke, MPA 18′ is a Special Assistant to Senator Christopher Murphy
- Tuesday and Wednesday were busy recruitment days for the department. Current students tabled in the Atrium to share their experience with UConn Hartford undergraduates on Tuesday. Our Outreach Coordinator, Lian Kish, presented our programs at a Survey Research and Fast Track Information Session on Wednesday, also in Hartford.
- The Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU) Annual Conference was held from Monday to Wednesday in Philadelphia, PA. It is an organization which connects and serves universities in urban areas around the world. The conference was attended by Distinguished Visiting Professor and Interim Director of Sustainable Global Cities Initiative Robert Wilson.
- Wednesday brought career moves for Jessica Muirhead, MPA Fellow 2020, who accepted the position of Senior Program Manager with the Capitol Region Council of Governments.
- On Thursday, we heard that Yahaira Escribano, MPA 2019, was selected by the Obama Foundation to attend the 2019 Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago, IL. Yahaira is currently working as a Partner Program Coordinator for Foodshare and is a current member of the Obama Foundation’s Community Leadership Corps in Hartford. She was also featured on the Obama Foundation’s social media.
- Today, Friday, our Public Service Executive Leadership Collaborative hosted its second workshop of the year: Leveraging Minicipal and Nonprofit Assets to Achieve Improved Community Outcomes: Governance and Collective Impact strategies. To learn more about PSELC, please visit: https://publicpolicy.uconn.edu/collaborative/
Next Week at the DPP:
- We have two Job Talks on Tuesday (10/29) and Thursday (10/31)
- Five Steps to Accelerate Economic Growth on Thursday, October 31st from 11:30am – 1:30pm at the Hartford Public Library
- Professional Development: 21st Century Job Search on Friday, November 1st from 12:00pm – 2:30pm in HTB 220.